Is my first joomla site SEO friendly enough?

Kahanka

Hi,

I have finished my first joomla website not long ago, it has a page rank 2, which is not too bad, but would like to improve that. I have done a lot of research on SEO before designing my site, and tried to imply all the tips. Now I have been blogging about my site and putting some links in bby forums.

Is there anything else I should be doing to get more traffic?

http://www.allbabyadvice.com

Thanks.

Gorgy

be sure to submit your blog to blogcatalog and other blog directories

update your site as often as you can and don't forget to use you keywords
in some time you'll get good positions for your main keywords and you'll get organic traffic from google and other searchengines

what can be better?

mrandrei

Bookmark the pages your blog. Social bookmarking and networking is a very good way to increase traffic. :)

adam0211

Hi friends nice site i have seen your site

Hi
my name is adam carter

i am SEO expert i am also going to create new site in joomla

advice to optimize the site

using social bookmarking and blogging

one more thing as i am very good visualiser
i will suggest you to change that green color
and try to put a fresh color banner

warm regards
adam carter

Modern_Media

First of all, you should put your pages in either a section blog or category blog layout...Your pages are very long with lots of articles in them which is kind of overkill.
You will have better success if your pages are a little more organized with your content shortened into multiple pages.

By doing a blog layout, you can shorten your current pages with brief text followed by a "read more" link- or better yet, linkable titles.

Our Joomla site uses a category blog layout for our web design blog - take a look below:
http://modernmediastudios.com/blog/web-design-blog.html

If you wish to make your articles similar to this, let me know and I'll post the settings for Joomla.

Last edited:

orangecopper

buddy ..the site looks good...
pls try to reduce the blog kinda look and make it look like a informative porta...with links..like learn more...its kinda too lengthy...all visitors wont be that patient..catagorise well..

all the best

josh

Steve Davey

I would recommend using a component like RSSEO to manage your SEO for Joomla. It's a useful tool and will help you clean up your Title tags, descriptions, etc.

DOAWebDesigns

Here's a little SEO Help

Hi,

I have finished my first joomla website not long ago, it has a page rank 2, which is not too bad, but would like to improve that. I have done a lot of research on SEO before designing my site, and tried to imply all the tips. Now I have been blogging about my site and putting some links in bby forums.

Is there anything else I should be doing to get more traffic?

http://www.allbabyadvice.com

Thanks.

Your site is good, but I found a few essential SEO items that could use some TLC.

After reviewing your website I noticed that your Meta titles are way too long and are stuffed with the same keywords. The best practice is to keep your meta titles around 70 characters. Try to mix up your titles using multiple keywords, starting with the main keyword first. The first part or first word of a meta title is the strongest. Then from there on it gets weaker and at the end being the weakest.

Meta descriptions play the role for your readers and should be geared to get their attention to why they should visit your website compared to the other organic results.

**Current Meta Description:
All Baby Advice for mums and dads on pregnancy and labour, maternity clothes, bottle feeding, breastfeeding, weaning, sleeptime, playtime, bathtime, prams, car seats, travelling, baby health and safety tips.

"Your meta description should have a call to action and start with an action word"

Example: Find great baby advice for mums and dads about pregnancy, labor, maternity... etc.

I also notice that your anchor text links don't have alt tag attributes. This will definitely help and your images should have relevant alt tags as well. Search engines read the alt tags as true text. I noticed that in your blog some of your images have duplicate alt tags and it would be best to make each one unique and relevant to their post.

That's all for now, but I hope this was helpful and gives you a good understanding of how a professional executes their SEO practices.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Steve Davey

Some core changes are needed...

You've done a nice job to your site, and you have some good recommendations here already. I'd start with these...

1) Categorize your site differently so you don't have the endless page scroll
2) Reduce the H1 title tags to one per page (you have 12 on your home page, confusing search engines)
3) Reduce the length of your titles and description, don't keyword stuff...make them meaningful. They will get truncated, and you may be losing important stuff at the end
4) Add Alt tags to your pictures

Good luck,
Steve

rapidseo

update your site more often, use more off-page seo methods

site looks great!

congrats on your Joomla 1.5 website!!

enjoy :)

Laikido

the fastest way to figure out your website's onpage and off-page seo's flaws is scan it with a website auditor software. no reason why you should be guessing and trying to blind-fix things.