Is doing SEO differs for Google, MSN & Yahoo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynthia

Just wanted to know is there any different criteria in Yahoo, MSN and Google to rank a website. Till now I was thinking that if we consider Google only and target our keywords as per Google's specifications, we will automatically rank in the other two search engines. But now things seems to be different.
Though I am ranking on higher positions on Google for some of my keywords, but I am no where in top30 for the same set of keywords in Bing and vise-a-versa.

Do you know any special method for Bing and Yahoo?

hankyjohn

same question i saw answered in another forum and according to the user comments, there is no special method for different search engines. just do correct onpage seo and try to get quality backlinks.

joshuthomas

same question i saw answered in another forum and according to the user comments, there is no special method for different search engines. just do correct onpage seo and try to get quality backlinks.

i agree to the commet. The basics of SEO and SE always remain the same.

-josh

Ivan

Google boasts of its own Pagerank feature which neither Yahoo nor Bing have. Though Yahoo had come up with its own Pagerank feature a few years ago, it was lately scrapped.
The biggest most noticeable similarity of Yahoo and MSN are that they rely largely on ‘meta’ tags. They require the keyword and description to be unique for every page of a website. The case is a bit different with Google though.

To rank highly on MSN one needs to build a solid sized site (exactly how large will depend on your industry - look at the size of your competitor's sites for an idea), a relevant theme throughout the site that focuses on your primary keywords and a good number of links. MSN doesn't (at this time) employ an aging delay on links such as the one employed by both Google and Yahoo! so the effects of the site and inbound links can be picked up very quickly and with good SEO efforts one can rank well within a few months on MSN for competitive phrases.

To rank well on Yahoo! you must optimize your site similar to what you would do for MSN and you must build a large number of inbound links and have patience as these links age. You will not see a sudden spike 2 weeks after a large link-building campaign, you will likely have to wait 3-4 months to notice any significant effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.