Is coffee healthy or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

britney

I used to drink coffee, since I was in college in order to tolerate sleepy nights. In effect, I am now experiencing palpitations. I know it is not good to drink coffee everyday. However, is coffee healthy or not?

nedo

I saw some studies that coffee is actually healthy, for whatever reason doc's came up with :)
They claim that it becomes unhealthy after 5 cups a day (I think it's still too much) But if you drink 1-2 you will be perfectly fine.

britney

It sounds interesting. My sister also told me that coffee is good because it contains anti-oxidant. There are lots of coffee brands in the market. Do you have any other suggestions on how to choose the best type of coffee? Thanks.

bcee

One year it's healthy, next it isn't. It contains caffeine which is a stimulant, I can't see how this can be healthy due to it's raise in BP and heart rate.

orangecopper

Coffee is okay if you workout regularly. else keep away from having a habit of excessive caffeine. I love coffee thou lol ;)

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
I live on the bean. It's like eggs, though. One day they tell you it's good for you, the next it isn't.

rwebber77

Coffee is healthy is most regards, meaning in moderation (less than 5 as previously posted). The anti-oxidants in a zero calorie beverage (provided you don't put half cup of sugar in each cup) is good for everything except for your teeth and breath. Studies show that a cup of coffee before a workout will drastically decrease your fatigue during that workout, obviously caffeine induced :)

Personally, I can't get enough coffee....

dianabarone0127

It's healthy to drink coffee but once a day is enough. drinking much glass a day would be bad for you. it makes you addicted to it. we know it has caffeine in it.

thomas206

Yeah....it's pretty unhealthy and is addicting. Caffeine headaches are the worst when you need them to go away.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
of course its bloody healthy!
my caffeine addiction, combined with my nicotine addiction helps keep me trim and taught!
both are appetite suppressants. both stain your teeth, and give you rotten headaches.
however without them both I wouldnt be able to keep up my 20hr up 4 hr down routine, that I need to physically fit in both work and family commitments. hahaha. all jokes aside...actually its now 11pm, I might have one now!

ahojvole

Billions of people drink coffee every day... I guess if you dont drink a galeon of cofee each day you should be fine

justrobin

coffee is bad if you will be drinking like 5 cups a day but you will just take 1 cup, I think it would be fine since it is anti-oxidant.
Anything which is taken too much is not good for us..

Coffee Freak

It's not known for it's vitamin content.... it's known for it's caffeine content.

I'm unemployed and have to chase after a 3 year old and a two year old - not to mention get a 5 year old back and forth from first grade. I just know I'm about worthless without it good for me or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.