Internet Pet Peeve

iniedrauer

This thread is for all you internet users (and creators) looking for a place to vent.

I will begin: If you see the same result in both the Search Results and the AdWords column, don't be an a$$hole and make me pay for your click.

Please gents, share.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
problems people have. Which are usually solved by one of a few solutions.
1. Why does it look stupid in ie? Add a doctype
2. Why does my wrapper not contain all the content? Clear your floats!
3. Why does my layout break? Dont use tables!!
4. How do I centre my webpage? Margin:0 auto!!!
5. why is it not staying where I want it to when I resize my browser? DO NOT USE ABSOLUTE POSITIONING!!!!

Its really not that hard guys...

Last edited:

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
problems people have. Which are usually solved by one of a few solutions.
1. Why does it look stupid in ie? Add a doctype
2. Why does my wrapper not contain all the content? Clear your floats!
3. Why does my layout break? Dont use tables!!
4. How do I centre my webpage? Margin:0 auto!!!
5. why is it not staying where I want it to when I resize my browser? DO NOT USE ABSOLUTE POSITIONING!!!!

Its really not that hard guys...

This one response should be stickied and automatically referred to when any question is asked... ever.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Annoying clients who send through changes 4pm friday... Particularly when it was requested days before...

DHDdirect

These posts with generic questions that will keep getting resurfaced for eternity by newbies/spammers looking to get there 10 post minimum.

No I'm kidding really, this post isn't bad :)

I'd have to say business owners that think $120 a year for hosting is too expensive so they switch to free hosting. Or anyone looking for free hosting really. But that doesn't really piss me off it is just depressing. Maybe I should just offer UNLIMITED everything for a dollar a month.. that will attract the customers for sure!