insert my html/php code for every page accesed by users from my network

johnny_pi

Hola all,

I have a wireless network. I want to make that for all my clients, when they access a web page, to appear in the top of the page a bar with news.
With other words, I want to insert my own php/html code at the beginning of every web page that the clients of my network access (so before the page normal code).

Now my question is, does someone have any ideea in how to do that?

Thx,
johnny

jnjc

Don't know how you'd do that, I'd imagine you'd have to do this at your http server. You'll probably need to specify a bit more information about your wireless network. How is it setup ? Are you using a gateway machine or are people connecting directly to a wireless modem ? You might have a chance of being able to do this if you have a machine acting as a gateway, but if they connect straight to the modem then it will depend on what the modem can do....

johnny_pi

Don't know how you'd do that, I'd imagine you'd have to do this at your http server. You'll probably need to specify a bit more information about your wireless network. How is it setup ? Are you using a gateway machine or are people connecting directly to a wireless modem ? You might have a chance of being able to do this if you have a machine acting as a gateway, but if they connect straight to the modem then it will depend on what the modem can do....

So I have router i have proxy gateway... and access points. People from my area can connect for free to the network and automatically have access to the internet.

What I know is that I have to remake the proxy(?) somehow that when the user is accessing e.g. www.google.com or www.yahoo.com, the code that is sent to it's computer to be "<html> my own code </html><html> google's code</html>" instead of only "<html> google's code </html>"

So in that way I can put, on the top of the page (any internet page that is accessed by clients of my network) my own code with the news.

Thx

jnjc

I know I won't be able to provide you with answers but I'd imagine before someone can they'd also need to know what's running on your proxy ? Also it might be worth while going to a forum specific to your gateway OS...

joe

This probably sounds like a lame way to do things, but get all the ip's on your network and put them in a table. Then on your web page grab the ip server variable and check it against your list. If the ip is in your list, then activate the code.