Info on website

happyinmendo

Hello, I'm interested in building something similar to www.deandeluca.com for a honey company (my own) and I wanted to know what I'm getting into, if I can tie wordpress into it to show what is going on (honey pollination and packing company). We don't have a huge or much of any budget for it now but I'd like to add in a shopping cart as we are dealing with our retail outlet expansion and give us some auxillary sales from other people who can't get our product locally but want it.

My questions, can you have a wordpress site with the shopping cart setup deandeluca.com uses?

Is this something I can do in my spare time or is it far beyond a beginner?

We have logos, etc. in psd files, have a retail product with photos.

chrishirst

Staff member
My questions, can you have a wordpress site with the shopping cart setup deandeluca.com uses?
Nope.

That site is running on M$ DotNet technology, WordPress runs on PHP.

There are a few "cart" plugins for WordPress though given the "Swiss Cheese" nature of WordPress when it come to security, I would suggest you look for something more secure.

reverseengineer

I'd consider looking into a custom made site. You can secure those much better. Also, even though wordpress has a lot of templates, a custom design can affect your SEO more positively.