*If you have experience, I NEED YOU!

AllBusiness365

I know HTML, but outside of that - webdesign has changed a bit. I desperately need to set up a site for my music business, but I don't know where to begin. Here's an outline of what I'm trying to accomplish:

- I was originally going to pay big bucks for a full, flashy FLASH site - but I now realize that a simple HTML site will serve just as well, and load quicker among other things. Have you ever used an oldschool free-webhosting site, like Angelfire? (Work with me here lol, I'm bringing it back to 1994.) I remember you could click "advanced," and get a nice simple script box to type your HTML, and preview your page. THIS IS ALL I NEED more or less - so are there still servers that include this? Or is a program like Dreamweaver 100% needed when you buy webspace on a server? This is one huge question I have, because I'd like to keep things simple. A server with a file manager, the script box for coding my HTML, a simple preview button - and tons of space. Any recommendations?

- Next, my site will definently need Flash jukeboxes - but I know this isn't too hard to accomplish, right? Just copy some code - and via troubleshooting figure out how to load my songs in. Recommendations here?

- Lastly, I need a shopping cart system. I need a way to sell a single song - which would bring you to a page to purchse... than DELETE the song from a list so that it's no longer available? Is this even possible?

*Again, I know I'm jumping around here and laying out a lot of things that might be difficult. I feel like I can pull this off myself though with your help on this forum - without coughing up big bucks for a designer to do it. Do you think the shopping cart is out of my league? Tell me what you can - even if it's just addressing the server I should use - so I can get this thing going. I have money - I know HTML which isn't genious, but a good start - so you're not talking to a brickwall lol. I appreciate it more than you know, and I look forward to being a member of this forum and meeting you guys -

Business -

AllBusiness365

Wow - I don't even mean this like an a-hole... but how do I have the ONE thread with no replies after a few days - and the simplest question to answer? LoL - I'll have to try a different message board.

conor

All of what you ask is possible. The construction of a shopping cart that does what you want it to do is also possible. I am willing to do this project for you. i have great experience in the music business. If you are interested then shoot me a pm.

dmkeith2

Websites

I don't like the free servers myself, you can get website hosting for as low as a few bucks a month. If you purchase a domain with GoDaddy, they even give you a free hosting account with their adds.

I you purchase your own hosting, you can figure out how to install Joomla and play with it.

If you choose to go with an HTML version, look up coffeecup website editor.