IE not displaying images and tables

alloydog

SOLVED: IE not displaying images and tables

Site: Satan's Kittens

At some point in the site editing, Internet Exploder stopping displaying images and tables on some of the pages. On a couple of pages, the lowest image, or part of table is visible - it's as if blind has been pulled down over these elements. The regular text is unaffected, as to is the page without any images.

Examples:
Hellcat
Crusader

Any ideas?

Last edited:

misho

It's almost certainly a float problem. In the CSS file that you reference, you define a position for the images using float and IE seems to have problems with those. I wasn't able to find a solution (I didn't have much time to look, though).

Anyway, this should at least narrow down your problem. Good luck, and post back if your find a solution/workaround that's anything short of a complete recode.

alloydog

Thanks for looking, but I don't think it is the float properties - I had the tables and images displaying OK in IE earlier.

Also, it doesn't explain why in some cases you can see part of an image or the lower rows of a table.

You can see the table and images are there, as the text wraps around them and the if you place the cursor over where the image or table is, you get the 'name' of the element and the right-click context menu still works, so you can save the image, or copy/paste text from the table - even though you cannot see them...

Last edited:

alloydog

misho - I owe you an apology!

I did yet another web search and found CSS Fix, with a section entitled Disappearing text or images in IE?
It also points to the appropriate MSDN page, but the description on the CSS Fix page was enough.

The affected elements were floated - I was looking at the text, i.e. the paragraph styling, as the culprit. I just needed to add position:relative; to each class style.