I really feel like a dinosaur...

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I feel like a dinosaur at computerforum.com I think I am something like the second oldest person there.

ewomack

What's the rumor going around that no one over 40 is hireable for a tech job?

...we're all in trouble, apparently... or, at least, eventually!! :D

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
meh... when you work with a bunch of 18-20 year olds it's very easy to feel old, even for me. :shrug: but what's worse is the main audience at clubs around here is 16-20 year olds, i am usually amongst the oldest when i go out, which is one of the reasons i don't go out much anymore.

StephanieCordray

ewomack said:

Does that mean holding at 39 will keep me hirable?

ian

Administrator
Staff member
ewomack said:

By age 40, I would like to be working for myself, and fulfill my life long dream of never having to leave my house :p

Aven

ian said:
By age 40, I would like to be working for myself, and fulfill my life long dream of never having to leave my house :p
haha!

well, personally, that article was weird o_O

StephanieCordray

ian said:

I was already over 40 when I started mine, so if you don't make it by then, keep trying. You have the brains and capacity to make a success.

AainaA

ian said:

hehehehe.... which means, by 40 Ian will be a stuffed bunny? :D

ian

Administrator
Staff member
either I make enough money to be able to work from home, or I am going to put on weight and reach 300kg and then get to work from home like homer simpon did in one episode, either way I will get to live the dream :D

SiteExpress

May I jump into this conversation of old people. 35 here?I have been a paramedic for 16 years. I needed a change and started a home bus about 6 months agao. so far so good. It's never too late if your willing to jump all in!

wensk

I probably have you all beat....25 with 26 years experience. Trick to staying young is never letting your brain get old!

AainaA

What's age gotta do with anything in the first place? Compared to the age of the Universe, we're still in our crawling seconds....

So Ian ... you may be 35, or Stephanie 47 or whatever... We're here, and we're here to make a difference...

It'll take another quadrillion years before we can call ourselves dinos or fosselles :D

Later,

AA

Eclipse

SiteExpress said:
I needed a change and started a home bus about 6 months ago. so far so good. It's never too late if your willing to jump all in!

I just graduated from college and I am also starting my own 'home business'. I like coming here to learn from the more experienced. :)