I have started my first website http://www.webandpeople.com Please take a look at it!

rarepearldesign

Not to be a dick, it looks really good, but the source makes it look like a template...just the way template makers use generic styles like f1, f2, s1, s2, pic1, etc..and it uses tables

However, it looks really nice.

Geodun1

To start with, good work on the css file. I looked it over in FireBug and it looks like it took quite some time to do (860 somethin lines in the primary css file!). I don't like that it's done in tables (Made me cry a little in the inside to see in a web developer), but the sin is forgivable given the level of skill this site is designed at. There is a slight bit of messy code that I found on w3.org.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=h...(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0

That should give you line numbers and the whole nine yards you need to clean up your code a bit.

All in all I give the site a 3.8/5. It would be a 4.8, but I always subtract a whole point for large amounts of code. It's not a huge issue here, but I was still very aware of it. You kept your number of HTTP requests to a minimal though, which I applaud. Your page size (not counting size of each image loaded) comes out to around 11KBs. Once you start calculating in CSS and images it can slow down a bit (took nearly 3 seconds for me to load, but I'm running wireless).

The flow and general "pop" of the site is well managed. You arranged things with a plan in mind and kept the important things where they need to be, mostly.

Color management is good, and nothing is too hard on my eyes (given my eye sensitivity, that's a feat). Everything contrasts well, so I can read it. There's not too many dark colors, but rather lighter colors that make people tend to stay on the site longer. Lighter colors add for a lighter feel which create a lighter, more carefree mood. Dark colors (although not bad) are naturally opposite. Good job using lighter colors here :)

Last edited:

Erni

Thanks for your reviews!
Ups. I thought my site does not have any validation errors. I have corrected them.

Why do you so afraid of tables?
I think in some cases they could be useful and should be used.
The flow and general "pop" of the site is well managed. You arranged things with a plan in mind and kept the important things where they need to be, mostly.
What does "mostly" means? any suggestions may be?

Last edited:

Geodun1

At the time of writing that, I was a little leary of your "Get a quote" button being so far down on the page (I figured it should a little more up front) but then I realized what was going on to the left of it and it made sense :) Feel free to ignore that one :) It's good practice to keep marketing details where the eyes go first.

Erni

Unfortunatly Google does't understand how hot the girl is! :)

Recently I have browsed through internet a little...It is terrifying, The Web is Huge!

The sad thing is - there is mostly spam there.

tsm1248

um yea ur first site um no someone did it for you it looks like someone made a template for u anti tables(nub)

adx

I'm not to big on the tables either, and since it's a web development site I would
stay far away from them since people seem to think they're evil.

And what's with the vast amounts of whitespace in the source? I never knew a human
to write code like that..

Other than that it looks as professional as could be!

Erni

I'm not to big on the tables either, and since it's a web development site I would
stay far away from them since people seem to think they're evil.
I guess only those who are connected with html and web development worries about tables or divs... Person who just needs website does not care how it works. Am I right?

When I came to similar website - just a number of pages with texts and where is only one contact form to write a letter...it makes me sed. I think websites should force visitor to make a dialog from first seconds! Please tell me what do you think about it?

adx

As long as it's your site and you don't mind the tables, then by all means they work fine.
But if you make a site with tables for someone else, and leave them to maintain it,
they might not be aware of the fact that they endure some stretching anomalies.

As for the second bit, could you clarify? I didn't quite get the gist :)

pingeyeg

Unfortunatly Google does't understand how hot the girl is! :)

Recently I have browsed through internet a little...It is terrifying, The Web is Huge!

The sad thing is - there is mostly spam there.

Yeah, you just have to make sure you content is good and you have a good page ranking.