How to get started

snakeking

Let me start by saying I'm not completely new at web design. I have screwed around a bit and made a few websites in my spare time but never actually did anything with them.
This time around I'm building a website that I intend on using. I'm a snake breeder and I'm looking to expand and make a website. I was thinking about using wordpress, joomla or dropal. I was just wondering in your opinion what would be my best option. Its been a few years since I did any website building or coding.
I'm not looking for anything fancy. I would like to just have the basic pages. Home contact order breeders available and snakes I've sold in the past. I would like to have the pages show the different types of snakes then links to pages with a thumb nail of each snake then when you click on the thumb nail or name it will open a page dedicated to that snake. Also Im not looking to have buy buttons or anything. I was thinking about having an order page where they fill out the snake they want and then I send them a PayPal link or something like that.
Thanks any help is greatly appreciated.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
go wordpress,
why not everyone else is.
no point in fighting it.

even I hate wordpress and still use it because it's useful to my career to understand it.

snakeking

go wordpress,
why not everyone else is.
no point in fighting it.

even I hate wordpress and still use it because it's useful to my career to understand it.

Thanks for your opinion. I was looking around online while waiting for a reply and i went with Joomla. Its was pretty hard to figure out and im still having minor issues with it so i may switch but so far its going good.

RDB

I would say go with Wordpress. Its the most popular of the three, although not the best but for what you want to do its probably your best solution. There a thousands of tutorials available too.

JakClark

Not particularly keen on WP either, but it works, and far exceeds other platforms in terms of support, documentation and ease of use. It's also extremely easy to integrate.