How to Get More Clients

seoexpert

Hi Guys,

I'm just wondering how to get more clients. I don't know if this is an economic crisis issue or just not marketing currently.

Here is what I do now:

• Advertise in Local Magazines/Newspapers
  • Google Adwords
  • Organic Website Listing

Is there any other ideas that you guys have?

3dmagicaldesign

Well my friend

I do think the economic crisis is affecting everybody, my workflow has decreased a lot and I have asked the same to many friends, they all agree the economic situation has started to affect our business

rarepearldesign

Here in Canada, economy is not the strongest but we are nowhere near the US crisis.

I really believe in traditional marketing. This is what I am working on right now:

1) Writing my own custom .NET marketing module that sends emails and records all activity on the site generated from the email link in the email.
2) Sending out targeted emails using this tool to a specific industry (real estate, etc)
3) Those most interested will be visible from the tracking report on what they viewed and how long from my site
4) I will then take those interested parties and follow up with a mailed marketing kit
5) I will then follow that up with a cold call if they continue to visit the website without requesting a quote or contact me after recieving the media kit.

By focusing on one sector at a time, it lends itself to a bit of a streamlined work load by focusing on one type market, and custom programming can likely be reused while its fresh.

Plus, by actively monitoring and pursuing those only most interested, I can keep marketing costs low, and get a better conversion rate.

Right now, referral client business is too busy to allow me to even finish my own damn site pages let alone get that piece done.

OASPAUL

This is going to sound ridiculous but if you want more work all you have to do is impress the right people.

I run a small web design company. My boss knows a lot of people in town. I keep my boss happy, he tells all of his friends in town what a great job I do. I have more work than I can handle.

Do a little research in your town and find some people who know a lot of people. Do a some great free work or work at a greatly reduced price for these guys and let their mouths do your advertising.

DeRon

totally agree to OASPAUL, and i really don't think it sounds ridiculous. yet there's something to add.
in addition to this word-of-mouth campaign you might wanna use some other non-traditional methods. maybe some kind of creative advertisement - or at least exposing it in non-traditional spots. just think of your competitors and try to figure out where they would never go. whatever the crisis is there's still a demand for your products or services, you just have to increase your share.

besides, don't forget about the traditional marketing, it always works as a good addition to a creativity. maybe the niche tactics?

hks

maybe adwords is the best way for boost your revenue,
but if you want traditional ways maybe you can post at forums.

Gorgy

What about creating a special offer and writing about it on your site? You can also write e-mails to your regular customers informing them about your offer.

yelleyster

Email marketing done the wrong way can really give you a hard time though. So know what your doing if your gonna go down that route

Nick

there is nothing better than positive testimonials from your clients thus sometimes people didn't believe this but it gives great effect)