How to gain more website traffic?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization and Marketing' started by jbrown, May 31, 2009.

to remove all ads.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbrown

jbrown New Member

The effective ways to gain more website traffic which I know is sending comments on blogs, using twitter frequently, article marketing, using effective ways for rss feeds whether on for blog directories or forums, above all Quality content is must, which is related and dependable for all these steps. What do you think?

2. Modern_Media

Modern_Media New Member

Don't forget age. Google awards points to sites that are old. Quality one way links are good and so is making good use of your articles.

3. mrandrei

mrandrei New Member

You should also add social bookmarking. It's the fastest and easiest way to boost traffic. :)

4. Dima

Dima New Member

I also answer relevant answers at Yahoo Answers for targeted traffic to my site. But beware of spam as you may be reported abuse and banned.

5. mohn

mohn New Member

Link baiting also attract a lots of visitors

6. bailey.rein

bailey.rein New Member

Age is important as long as your getting good reputation in the past few years..

7. Dima

Dima New Member

8. rashida

rashida New Member

Build more effective backlinks to your site by doing directories submission,article marketing and blog commenting.The more backlinks means you can get more traffic to your site.And another important thing is build quality backlinks.

9. zara_lee

zara_lee New Member

yes,,,all above discussed methods can drive traffic of your website and blog.

10. besteast

besteast New Member

1) Offer free, original, and quality content on your site
    2) Optimize high traffic keywords related to your business , if your website will be listed in Google page 1-2, then you will gain high traffic easily.
    3) Advertise your website in Google or other high traffic webs.
    4) Get more external links
    5) Improve general search engine optimization
    6) Increase page rank, Higher Page Rank = Higher Search Engine Positioning = More Site Traffic
    7) offer resource page links
    8) Update your web more frequently which your audience love to get feeded.
    9) Exchanging advertising or links.

Most important, be patient, if you use some techniques to increase traffic, more or less, the numbers go up but useless to your sales. Only those traffic related to your products could improve your sales.

11. Jaazielann

Jaazielann New Member

Using Social media sites such as twitter is really effective in driving traffic
    to your site yahoo answers can help a lot too

12. Danielnash

Danielnash New Member

The most effective way to gain website traffic is link exchange with quality site which has high page rank

13. mrandrei

mrandrei New Member

Also try posting in Yahoo Answers and similar Q&A sites. You can generate traffic from it, most especially if your answer has been tagged as the best one.

14. jacksan

jacksan New Member

Here are some of the methods I used:

# Quality Content # Relevant Keywords
    # Directory Submission
    # Social Bookmarking
    # Social Networking
    # Forum
    # Blog Commenting
    # Article submissions and more...

these methods are very helpful....Try that way...you'll see a major difference in your traffic.

15. moonheart

moonheart New Member

Search engine link google is one best source for getting traffic and for this your blog should have come to top ten for any keyword and for get rank on google your blog should have lots of backlink. dofollow blog commenting can increase your instant backlink.

16. shawn

shawn New Member

Back link helps generate traffic. In order to do that, engaging on the techniques such as blog commenting, forum posting, classified ads, press release, online groups, link exchange, article submissions and social bookmarking and networking helps.

17. alfredwinston

alfredwinston Banned

For me Big source of having traffic on my blogs are Search Engines and Social media sites , beside this there is no big source of having traffic on my site , yeah some time i get some hits from blog where i post my comments some hits from Forums and some from directories , but still there is no big source of having traffic beside SE's and Social sites ... So i think if you want to have good traffic on your site , there is no one good way , you have to work on multiple methods

18. zen

zen New Member

You have mention it already, :D,

19. nitishkunal

nitishkunal New Member

web link

Linking web, just connect yourself too....

Akashgarud Inc.
    www(.)akashgarud(.)in/lnk-to-us(.)html

20. ellehc

ellehc Banned

Yup! I agree to Jaazielann social networking is good for getting traffic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.