How Search Engine Rank Pages

RobinGupta

i)Web crawler is a program, developed to scan the web page. The Crawler scans the entire page,
indexes it and lists it on the search engine. It evaluates any particular web page based onseveral different factors such as keywords, table, page titles, body copy etc. Since listings aredone automatically, it can change if you change some content of the website.
ii)Manual listing is done in case of ‘Human Powered Directories’. Human editors are
responsible for listing any site in the directory. Webmasters need to submit a short description
to the directory for the entire site and a search looks for matches only in the description submitted. Listings are not affected if you change some content in your web site.

mrandrei

The algorithm of Google keeps on changing. I don't think you can really define how SE bots rank pages. It's kinda erratic.

JohnLA

Google doesn't change its algorithms that much. As the old rule implies, just continue adding relevant backlinks and good traffic everyday to boost your rankings and to get your new pages and posts spidered quickly.

Bare in mind the uniqueness of the contents so that you can have enough information to give to your visitors.

Focused Life

Quality and Quanity Backlinks.

Its of course unclear EXACTLY how Google determines what goes where when it comes to link hbuilding, but if you do competitive research using one of the tools out there it is fairly evident that the webpages that are ranking in the top ten (page 1) for a competitive key term usually not only have MANY back links but they also generally have HIGH QUALITY backlinks. You know what they say, don't reinvent the wheel, just make it better.

ngseo

While there are just theories as to how Google crawls and indexes sites, I think the best method to measure progress is to set goals and timeframes. Weekly stats also help to balance out SEO practices (like link building and directory submissions).