how much would you pay for my site?

d a v e

visually it's quite nice, but technically not so...
- tables for layout
- divitis (e.g. <div class="style30" id="customizationDescription2">Looking For a Special Gift?</div> should be a real heading
- images not well optimised, logo too big, some images not sized properly and resized in html (tut tut :) ) also your logo would be around 14kb (not 91) if it was a gif or 8-bit png
- rollover exported from fireworks (nasty code and same thing could be done with css and real text)
- all css should be in external stylesheet
how much you could expect to paid would depend a little bit on the market but i would estimate it to be worth 300-600 dollars

yarget1990

oh i see.. yeah well i learnt web designing entirely through self-learning, so the html codes are pretty bad, still trying to brush up on that through more reference books reading and all..

oh, so you mean i should not export images from fireworks and turn them into navigation bars?

okay 300-600 dollars huh. i see. thanks for the constructive comment! will definitely benefit me :)

leroy30

use text-based links for your navigation.. the text on the link will help with getting the website a spot on search engines.

Have a look at the :hover attribute for css. You can use it to change the style of any html object that supports css when the mouse hovers over it.

AK Web Design

I think the website is worth more than $300. Especially when you consider the live chat function. I'd say between $600 to a $1000 without the live chat, $1200+ with it.

That's if you clean some things up. The pictures on the landing page should change by them self. I think it should also be smaller. You should also make some kind of homepage too. Maybe change the background color? Play around with it.

How much is shipping for a poker table? I might be interested.

bcee

How much you should pay for a site usually depends on the monthly income, PR, quality, etc. In this case I couldn't imagine a person paying over 300 US.

zach

I think it needs work. Even if someone would pay $300+ for it, you need to offer you clients the best when it comes to coding standards and optimization.
  • Framework needs some more thought. I would reduce the size of the sliding images and move the testimonials along the right side of them, giving you two columns instead of one.
  • Reduce the total weight of the website which is over 1700 KBs (huge!).
  • If you smush ALL of your images, you could save of 600 KBs.
  • Add expire headers to reduce bandwidth usage and overall load times.
  • Compress 6 plain text components with GZIP.
  • Remove the image navigation of replace it with text based for better SEO.

Best of luck.

2slick

website worth

I can see someone paying $100 for it. You should also take off the email address and use a form so that the email doesn't get spamed.

rwebber77

You know, regardless of errors it looks pretty good for a first timer. I remember my first website, man was that UGLY! Hard to believe there are almost 11,000 views on this!

Back to your question though, I wouldn't pay more than a couple hundred as it sits because there are a lot of changes and work still to be done to this site.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldnt give it anything over $150
the code is messy, long and very ugly.
semantically it doesnt work. (check it out in lynx)
validation wise it has errors.
it is too image heavy
the design, which is quite nice could be tweaked somewhat and given to a professional coder. gone are the days when people could rely on the "look" of a website alone.
if the code isnt clean & concise , it aint worth nuthin...