How much would you charge for this website

lhamilton

Hi All,
I have been asked to develop a web site and was trying to figure out how much to charge for it. Since I am don't know, I thought I would find something comparable and ask you guys what you thought.

So I would appreciate if anyone could tell me how much they would charge to create a web site exactly like this?

http://doylealliancegroup.com/our-company/Thank you for all your help

Thank you

SplitElement

You'd be outbid in a second.

-Lou

Then I wouldn't need the job. I stay busy and my rates are fair according to the market. I can't remember the last time I did a site for less than $1200. Most of my projects need a custom cms, though.

I'm in Tampa, and the average rate is between $65-$125/hr. I charge $65 seeing as though I'm a lone freelancer with no overhead. Its just not worth spending 15-20 hrs on a site and not making what the market dictates...especially when I have multiple projects going at once.

Almo99

I think I would go with an even $1000, just because you have some nice graphics on page two and three.

anniadvertising

:p:p

One of my friends have recently entered into web design and was under investigation. Thus, the post is for him
How much u charge for a website that is
- 5 page site HTML + CSS
- 5 page website with Flash + HTML + CSS
- E-commerce site with ASP / PHP (10 pages)

So who pays stock image :p:p

SplitElement

One of my friends have recently entered into web design and was under investigation. Thus, the post is for him
- 5 page site HTML + CSS

- $1300
- $1300
- $3200

Client reimburses for photography expenses.

leroy30

In New Zealand Dollars - about $1000. You'll need to account for the fact that sometimes your first (or second) concepts might be rejected. That being said I allocate 20 hours for a 5-paged static website with some simple graphics, a gallery, contact us form, customer header & menu and content formatting (content supplied by client).

logoland

I think 849.00 but 1000.00 also seems resonable for a static site are you providing concepts, revisions? content spelled checked and supplied by clients, stock images provided and used, purshased once for that client.

leroy30

For a quoted job I usually include 1-2 concepts and up to two sets of revisions on the chosen concept to produce the final.

For images the client must supply all photographs otherwise I suggest to them that we can purchase stock images/photos on their behalf which they generally pay for.

Remember that design is very speculative so be sure they are confident in your ability. I've had some customers try to use a quoted amount as an open canvas to do as many concepts as they wish so they could 'choose the best one' ... make sure they know what they get for their money!

Hmm maybe we should start a 'tips for freelancers' thread...

:)

Mango

A simple static site like this and no CMS on the back end? $800 - $1000.

But, using CMS is so cheap and easy and extremely beneficial for clients. So most projects would come in at at least $2000 for a static site like that with a CMS

webleaner

- 5 page site HTML + CSS

we can do it in
$250
$300
$700

Thanks

lhamilton

Hi All,
Thank you so much for all of your replies. :) How much to charge for my work is something that I have always struggled with. Mostly, I have been under charging.

I actually had to quote a price before I saw all of your replies. I went with $875. It is good to know that I quoted a respectable and fair amount.
Thanks again for your help.
Lisa