How do you measure your SEO Success?

3dmagicaldesign

Each SEO professional has his/her own strategy to get and keep clients on top of the market, whether he/she works independent or for a company.

However, it seems like some SEO Experts become more "successful" than others, maybe for their reputation as professional or simply the company they work for. That's why I have always asked myself about what really makes an SEO expert "successful":

Is it the top positions obtained?
Is it the top quality links obtained?
Is it the Google PR obtained?

There is no doubt these facts can tell us something about who has been working in SEO strategies, however the people who hire SEO may have another way to "Measure" the success such as a fast investment Return. What I try to say is that the person who hires SEO may not be interested in the work done and only wants to focus in determine how many contacts, sales or reservations his/her website has done during the SEO strategy.

In your case: How do you measure your SEO Success?

liciney

I will measure SEO success with my traffic increase after i did SEO..
and with top positions in search engine with my keywords

Gorgy

PR is not as important as top 10 goolge listing for my keywords
also the quality of back links and the price I pay for them

mrandrei

Your SEO campaign is only successful if the website is RANKING. Ideally, it should appear at the top 10 of search results. Traffic is also another indication of SEO success. PR is only secondary.

Nick

It deepends on yuor goals because big traffic sometimes is useless because you want to sell something and you must get only target audience for that. But I think that most important - is top 10 listing. If you are there - you will gain success )

seol

It will be based on not where you are ranked at, it will be on the traffic and conversions. I bet

jman51

My Seo

I just use blogs for my SEO. They are quickly indexed and have relativly simple blogging platforms. I make backlinks that lead to my main parts.

Amit

Hi,
I would consider all the three points to measure success of seo campaign. But along with the keyword position i would also show the traffic a particular keyword has brought being in top position.

yelleyster

There's one great question that you first have to ask yourself:
Is your site banned by google?

If not, your SEO is worthess :D

sunil

Well I mesure my SEO success by organic traffic i get from Yahoo and Google, PR is not a big deal for me my blog is PR3 and i am sure it will be PR4 in next PR roll so for me PR is not important but the traffic i get and which keyword or key phrase brought that traffic is more important for me