How do you add a forum to a web site

wbmkk

Hello

Could somebody please point me in the right direction.

There must be some information on adding a discussion forum on a web site, but I can't seem to find it. What is available ?

Is there any free online coding for this ... or do you need to buy some form of package ?

I am quite new to all this and have just got to a stage that I know enough about xhtmnl and CSS, but that's where it stops ... at least for the time being

I had (and still have) a longer term web site plan in mind that I am working on, but have just had a brainstorm (my Eureka moment if you like) for another site

I've bought a very suitable domain name for this new site which I want up and running very soon. I know for a fact that a forum would be a great great part of this, hence my question.

Kind regards ! :)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
for free forums, consider phpbb.com
I used to recommend vbulletin.com for paid forums, but not any more after version 4
perhaps http://www.invisionpower.com/
most of the forum software comes with instructions on installation

ishie

There are many free forum software out there. Try phpBB. It is a good forum system that provides individual user accounts, message threads, etc. It's free!

Obviously php is a wonderful forum system, I think it will be a free open source. Helps more in forum postings with the support of just plain text. So I recommend it highly