How do I put a video on my website

Discussion in 'Graphic Design' started by okizen, Oct 24, 2011.

to remove all ads.
  1. okizen

okizen New Member

Hi, being a total noob, I wanted to ask some questions on how do i put up my home videos on my website and what would be the best format for the videos in terms of size and quality?

2. goldenwaters

goldenwaters Member

The html 5 has a video tag which can do the work for you.
    However, it is better to make you of Adobe Flash because not all browsers are html 5 compatible. So when viewers try playing the video but does not work, they see a message on screen to download flash player. This you can not get on html 5. Browsers like firefox, explorer. It works on google chrome.

3. goldenwaters

goldenwaters Member

The html 5 has a video tag which can do the work for you.
    However, it is better to make you of Adobe Flash because not all browsers are html 5 compatible. So when viewers try playing the video but does not work, they see a message on screen to download flash player. This you can not get on html 5.

4. shuvoimtiaz

shuvoimtiaz New Member

Copy the embedded code of video from youtube. And pest it into your website.

5. leroy30

leroy30 New Member

6. jumpingspider

jumpingspider New Member

I would say follow this suggestion!

7. n1c0_ds

n1c0_ds New Member

The easiest way is to go with youtube. Upload your video there and use the embed code right under the video. Otherwise, JWPlayer is a fantastic option if you don't want to upload elsewhere.