How can I improve this logo?

Discussion in 'Graphic Design' started by benjamin.morgan, Apr 25, 2012.

to remove all ads.
  1. benjamin.morgan

benjamin.morgan New Member

EDIT:
    -------------------------------------------------------NEW STUFF------------------------------------------------

Here is the newest image. I think it is better. Please tell me what is wrong with it now. If you want me to try different fonts please tell me the name of the font. If you want the psd just ask.

[​IMG]

------------------------------------------------------OLD STUFF---------------------------------------------------
    Here is the logo I created. How can I improve it? Please tell me which bird looks better.

Background is transparent
    [​IMG]

Here is with the bird with bevel and emboss.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  2. ripeconcepts

ripeconcepts New Member

The 1st logo looks better.

3. benjamin.morgan

Thanks anything I can do to improve?

4. DHDdirect

DHDdirect New Member

Yeah I agree.. the first bird is better. Keep it simple and clean. Other than that I'm not sure the blue goes with the color of the bird. Maybe a darker hue of the light brown would do. Or just a flatter blue, try #193E6A

5. benjamin.morgan

I think the darker gold/light brown that you said works on CodeDoor. I took off the outer glow on the Web Design. The reason i had blue is because i had text before i added bird.

[​IMG]

6. Brian Angel

Brian Angel Member

I dont think its the color of the blue... is there a blur on it.. if so , kill it, it is way distracting.

7. Brian Angel

Brian Angel Member

Ha.. damn posted RIGHT before mine.. I think perhaps a color drop ober the blur, glow would wortk better.

8. benjamin.morgan

What about with the brown on the CodeDoor text?

9. DHDdirect

DHDdirect New Member

Yeah I like those changes.

The blue that was there didn't work for me and probably more so with the outer glow.

10. dustin_arix

dustin_arix New Member

The best logos I've seen tend to be the most simple - 2d, just a couple of branding colors. I like the Condor reference.

11. che09

che09 New Member

I like this one better. I like the way you put the glow there. As well as the bird!

12. d a v e

d a v e New Member

i think the glow makes the "Code door" look slightly blurred/dirty i would lose the outline altogether

13. keens

keens New Member

My opinion

1. Remove the outer glow.
    2. Add more typography.
    a. text alignment. Align Web Design text to the right.
    b. font size. I don't think making the first letter bigger than the rest makes a good design impression.
    c. font style. The font choice can be improved. Try other fonts.
    d. spacing. I think it would make a better impression if you compress the spacing between characters
    3. The color is okay. However I think you can improve it by incorporating the color of the bird to the text (without adding effects)
    4. If you can add brightness to the color, it would help.

Make it more simple. I think you are overdoing it.

I hope it helped.

14. benjamin.morgan

Here is the newest image. I think it is better. Please tell me what is wrong with it now. If you want me to try different fonts please tell me the name of the font. If you want the psd just ask.

[​IMG]

15. Phreaddee

Phreaddee Super Moderator Staff Member

the two fonts are two different.

its not just a case of "choosing fonts" but recognising that particular fonts have certain emotional meanings, much like colours do.

IMHO I wouldn't use those particular fonts together.

and remember
    b+w 150px x 150px

does it still pack punch?

and "codedoor" will probably exist at some stage in the future on its own, so that in itself needs to stand strong.

the bird I preferred as a silhouette.

lose the italics on the font too.

16. d a v e

d a v e New Member

not sure why you have a bird in your logo anyway but an outlined version would work a lot better, as phreaddee said.

not keen on the codedoor font either (and certainly not with that web design font (looks like a tattoo parlour font ... )

try some thing like http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/code

at the moment the logo looks very dated and confused ( 3 different styles that don't fit together)

17. jump74

jump74 New Member

Benjamin, i prefer the first logo but maybe change the direction of the condor
    L->R = the future, you advance

Or if you prefer the other logos, i have a basic proposition with the condor bird, just a very basic proposition and only a idea.

Thank-you very much for your help in this forum
    Yours Sincerely
    Jean-Paul

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  18. jump74

jump74 New Member

One Other proposition
    Yours Sincerely

Attached Files:

19. barricades

barricades New Member

I actually prefer the old logo. It's probably mostly down to the font used. Not sure what you should use but the flowing handwritten one doesn't look right for a webdesign company.

Also the actual font used for the name looks better in the old one.

If you ask a pro they'll tell you that logos are meant to look good in black and white as well as normally.

20. d a v e

d a v e New Member