How can i accomplich this look?

adamblan

To accomplish a page like that, you'll need to create images, write html, work with flash, and possibly a SS scripting language... You'll have to be more specific if you're serious:cool:

neutrino

I take it your talking, mainly, about the image/slideshow ? that's a basic flash file playing through various images, you get the images required, modify their file size so's not tooo huge for the web, and put together a slideshow, with whatever transition effect you like between images, and put it all together in "Flash", or other flash type software, a search might turn up something not too costly, "flash slideshow" perhaps might be an idea for search words, the real "Flash" is a tad pricey! or there's maybe "Swish" not so costly and very easy to pick up, ~ scratch the "easy' - maybe moderately easy :) ! but I'm sure a search for flash slideshow (or similar words) will reveal several options.

jnjc

You could achieve the slide show effect really easily using JS. There are tonnes of free JS scripts to do this and it is much easier to pick up than flash.

Have a look at:
http://slideshow.tommcfarlin.com/

It's not a bad example.

Do a seach on
"JS Slide show"
"Mootools slide show"
"jquery slide show"

You should find lots more examples...

HTH,
JC

henrikjt

To accomplish a page like that, you'll need to create images, write html, work with flash, and possibly a SS scripting language... You'll have to be more specific if you're serious:cool:

Ok, should i use div tags or tables to get started with this layout? I dont want to get started doing it the wrong way

Geodun1

Ok, should i use div tags or tables to get started with this layout? I dont want to get started doing it the wrong way

My recommendation on this is to get started with Divs. You can use tables later on to arrange data (which is what tables are used for). It's a smart practice to use divs like you use layers in Photoshop. Arrange your information and layout, and then if you need to arrange data/groups of texts within your divs, you can use tables.

Start from the back layer of the website, and build up (like a pyramid if you want to envision it). Build from the bottom up, with the top being your fancier elements :) Try to keep it "stretchy" and not fixed, as this will allow it to conform to more monitors and computers, thus allowing more people to get the full effect of the site.

henrikjt

My recommendation on this is to get started with Divs. You can use tables later on to arrange data (which is what tables are used for). It's a smart practice to use divs like you use layers in Photoshop. Arrange your information and layout, and then if you need to arrange data/groups of texts within your divs, you can use tables.

Start from the back layer of the website, and build up (like a pyramid if you want to envision it). Build from the bottom up, with the top being your fancier elements :) Try to keep it "stretchy" and not fixed, as this will allow it to conform to more monitors and computers, thus allowing more people to get the full effect of the site.

Thanks, that was very helpful. How do i keep it stretchy?

Thank you

Geodun1

After looking the site over again, I think it might be hard to keep it stretchy. But if you can, all the power to you!

Rather than setting fixed pixel amounts, design with the idea that the website will fit the screen, no matter what the size of your content. You can do this by setting your height and width settings to a % rather than a specific px amount. You might have difficulty keeping things EXACTLY like theirs if you do that, but it would be a lot more flexible in how it would fall together. Run a google search for % divs if you need more explanation on that front.

henrikjt

After looking the site over again, I think it might be hard to keep it stretchy. But if you can, all the power to you!

Rather than setting fixed pixel amounts, design with the idea that the website will fit the screen, no matter what the size of your content. You can do this by setting your height and width settings to a % rather than a specific px amount. You might have difficulty keeping things EXACTLY like theirs if you do that, but it would be a lot more flexible in how it would fall together. Run a google search for % divs if you need more explanation on that front.

Thanks, as soon as i get CS$ i will get started on it and probably be back with more questions.