hosting

shaispnoi637

I need to publish a website in the internet (for a business), but I dont have a clue how to do it. I dont wanna use geocities beacse of their ads. I know I have to purchase my own domain to do this, but do i have to purchase hosting as well?

Last edited:

StephanieCordray

Unless you are going to use a free service which intitles the service to place ads on your site, in a word... yes.

I suggest you research about hosting companies, what to expect, and decide what would fit the needs of yourself or your client. I believe there are a few threads here dealing with finding good hosting. You might want to look those over as a starting point. Taking time now to learn a bit about the hosting industry can save you more time and lots of regrets in the future.

What type of support and services do you provide to your existing clients and can you please list the webhosting features of the unmetered account ?

PSUDONYMOUS

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can anyone give me advise on what to do nxt, i have designed my own site by doctoring a friends template with my information, i'm a singer/songwriter and looking to put my stuff online. what's the next thing i need to be considering? what do i look for when looking for hosting ect? how do i advertise myself?

RickPlmr

Yes, you'll have to purchase hosting, but that's cheap

shaispnoi637 said:
I need to publish a website in the internet (for a business), but I dont have a clue how to do it. I dont wanna use geocities beacse of their ads. I know I have to purchase my own domain to do this, but do i have to purchase hosting as well?

It used to be that you had to pay $25 or more a month for hosting, but it's dropped considerably over the last year or so to about $6 or $7 a month for everything you'd need to run a small to medium sized website. I have used Lunarpages for a long time and am extremely happy with them, and they are currently offering $700 worth of CoffeeCup web design and web page creation software for new accounts.

I'm running 4 different sites on one account with them, and have yet to hit even 1% of my bandwidth limit :D Their technical support is also outstanding, and you can pick up the phone and actually talk to an educated tech within a few seconds.