Hi I made a new search engine named Zhift. it would be nice if you want to review it.

conor

oh i like it!! good idea with the images aswell as text!

the one thing is that i zhifted my name and my blog didn't show up! All these other references to me did but no mention of my blog - which shows up first on Google! :L:L

adx

Nice site! In twenty years I'll be telling my children how the creator of Zhift asked for my advice! Aah the memories.. ;)

I don't really have much else to add. It's simple and functional like a search engine should be! Though you misspelled the link "Want you own search engine?" which should be an easy fix. My site didn't turn up either! :p

ahk2chan

Well, I guess I am luckier... my blog actually came out first.

Other than that, the interface is neat and clean. I have done some random search and the first 2 - 3 results are pretty right on!

TsiD

It's nice. The logo on the first page looks a bit artifacted to me - you should put an image right by the size or not resizing it - i see, the original is 400x200 and you are resizing it to 300x150 - artifacts come out.

searchia

It's nice. The logo on the first page looks a bit artifacted to me - you should put an image right by the size or not resizing it - i see, the original is 400x200 and you are resizing it to 300x150 - artifacts come out.

i am also making a new logo

adamblan

It looks great - very googlesque
-the quick look was a great idea
-the results were quite accurate & on par with the big "G"

I would suggest indicating the current search category to improve the UI...

ahk2chan

Looks good. However, not sure the actually usage value of those functions though. One suggestion on this feature is that it should remember my choice so that my next search should be in the same mode?

If you are thinking of adding new features to the search, maybe doing search within search results?

Also I am getting errors saying "too many connections" once in a while.

adx

made some changes, like icon mode and simple mode, any one like that???

If you're in icon mode you can't switch back to simple mode without getting a 404 error. Just letting you know in case this isn't just due to maintenance. The icons/thumbnails take up a lot of load time. If Google doesn't use it there's probably a good reason for it. Nice to see that you're trying to do something different though :)

Edit: Didn't catch the 'Quick look'.. That's pretty nice!

Last edited:

adamblan

I don't think the simple/icon mode adds much value to the site, really.
The site thumbs are good since they differentiate zhift from other searchers that only provide site descriptions.

searchia

Looks good. However, not sure the actually usage value of those functions though. One suggestion on this feature is that it should remember my choice so that my next search should be in the same mode?

If you are thinking of adding new features to the search, maybe doing search within search results?

Also I am getting errors saying "too many connections" once in a while.

fixed nearly allthing you said

adx

The next Google. Now you just have to add something that separates you from Google.

Did you see the preview option? Definitely a step in a new direction. Though I think the bit that shows the quantity of the results is a bit busted. I keep getting 'showing 1-10 out of 234000000'. They can't all be relevant can they?