Hey guys do you know how to generate a logo like this one?

rune

Hey guys, I am a complete newbie to graphic design, and I am looking for a free / low priced software or service of some sort that may be able to design a logo similar to the one at the top of this demo page:
http://www.ghostpool.com/wordpress/dilapidated/

Note, that is not any link of mine. That is merely a demo wordpress page from the developers. It is the wordpress theme I am using for a new website of mine, and to fit the theme I would like to make a logo stylistically similar to the words "Dilapidated" in that demo.

Have you guys seen anything similar to that around? Are you familiar with it? It kind of has a spooky grunge look to it. Its pretty! Any help's appreciated. Thank you very much!Hey guys, I am a complete newbie to graphic design, and I am looking for a free / low priced software or service of some sort that may be able to design a logo similar to the one at the top of this demo page:
Dilapidated – Premium CMS Grunge WordPress Theme

Note, that is not any link of mine. That is merely a demo wordpress page from the developers. It is the wordpress theme I am using for a new website of mine, and to fit the theme I would like to make a logo stylistically similar to the words "Dilapidated" in that demo.

Have you guys seen anything similar to that around? Are you familiar with it? It kind of has a spooky grunge look to it. Its pretty! Any help's appreciated. Thank you very much!

JakClark

Hi Rune ;).

I'm a rubbish teacher, but I did look at the logo, and had a shot at replicating it. Me + Textures don't match, but I included a similar grey grunge effect in the 'cloned' logo below.

dilapidatedclone.png

Above is my attempt at recreating the logo, then the original. Quite a difference. But, I had a go ;)

What was the name you wanted using on the logo?

Regards,
-Jak :)

d a v e

there is no software that can do this for you but there is a service - it's called a graphic designer :)

looks like jak has got you pretty much fixed up!

hey Jak your site link is broken!

JakClark

Hah, thanks. It's not nearly close, but it's better than nothing, eh? ;)

And oh :O My site is up now, maybe a blip with my host. I was getting worried that I hadn't payed my bill :L

Regards,
-Jak :)

smoovo

Sometimes you can find fonts ready to use for your designed project, like this one. See this link and get an idea what i mean.

The background can be done by searching for "grunge", "dirty" or "rusty" Photoshop tutorials.

If you are not familiar with Photoshop, get a web designer, like other says here above.

- Enjoy. :)

nedo

If you don't know how to work with photoshop, or have money for designer, you can even do this in paint (comes with windows). just insert picture, and do some spraying with spray tool on letters.

orangecopper

its simple. Go to dafonts.com or similar free fonts website download your font that gives a similar feel and type your text big and bold on your photoshop new canvas window.

Create another layer and download any nice effect brush from - myphotoshopbruses.com and jus brush it over - I bet you play around with these two you would get results that would sweep you off your feet..

cheers
Josh

jmr7877

Hi Rune.

I would recommend running a logo design contest. You can do that by simply going to this site and ready how...

http://www.auroradesign.com.au/logo-design/

Logo design Australia

Hey guys, I am a complete newbie to graphic design, and I am looking for a free / low priced software or service of some sort that may be able to design a logo similar to the one at the top of this demo page:

Have you guys seen anything similar to that around? Are you familiar with it? It kind of has a spooky grunge look to it. Its pretty! Any help's appreciated. Thank you very much!Hey guys, I am a complete newbie to graphic design, and I am looking for a free / low priced software or service of some sort that may be able to design a logo similar to the one at the top of this demo page:

Have you guys seen anything similar to that around? Are you familiar with it? It kind of has a spooky grunge look to it. Its pretty! Any help's appreciated. Thank you very much!

SplitElement

I'm positive that "logo" is executed using a texture in Photoshop. Unless you can get that exact texture, you won't be able to reproduce it perfectly. However, you can use a similar texture to achieve a similar effect. Here are some sites to get textures and patterns:
http://www.cgtextures.com/
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=textures
http://www.patternhead.com/

leroy30

JakClark - your logo is sharper lol.

Having textures in your logo is not a good idea. You need to think about scalability and printing on different mediums (for instance a fax which is very low quality or a building which the logo could be a few feet accross - you don't want it pixelated!)

Use a program like Illustrator (costly) or Inkscape (Free) to produce vector graphics that retain quality at any size.

That being said if you must do it then use photoshop or Gimp(free) and find the texture you want to use then set the text as a layer mask.

Google it ;o)

Mug

There are quite a few vector based textures on the web if you do a search for them. Then if you import them into the programs mentioned abo^e you should be able to manipulate them into your logo. Alternatively if you don't have Illustrator and you just have Photoshop you can import the vector using smart objects. You just have to be careful with how you leave each layer and save it as a .psd and .eps format.

dub_designer

When I see "noobs" on here with a bunch of links that apply to there question....I wonder if they are just here for backlinking.....sigh. Anyways...

Rune....there are plenty of ps or ai tutorials on google. Just type in google "photoshop grunge logo tutorial". Don't offer a competition. Most of the people who enter those just recycle their designs without putting any thought behind the design that matches what the client actually needs.

For instance, if you have a business and need a logo, you want to get a designer that will listen to your wants, research your needs, and solve your graphic problem carefully.

d a v e

"Most of the people who enter those just recycle their designs without putting any thought behind the design that matches what the client actually needs. " not in the comps that i've entered, at least not by me ;)

dub_designer

"Most of the people who enter those just recycle their designs without putting any thought behind the design that matches what the client actually needs. " not in the comps that i've entered, at least not by me ;)

Hence the word "most" and not "all" lol. I'm like you lol!