Helppppppp With a font

SiteExpress

A client of mine would like to have a poem on his site, but wants it to be in a font that is not a typical Windows font. Poetica Chancery III Is the font he would like used and it can be seen here http://www.identifont.com/show?34J It is kind of a long poem, and I really do not want to have it placed on the page as an image. Is there a way for visitors to see this font, if they do not have it on their computer, if it is not an image? Or, is there a close alternative that could be used? I have so many fonts on my computer, I am not sure which ones are standard, and which ones are not anymore.

Any advice?

StephanieCordray

As old as the font is, if it's a true type font it will likely be seen on the web page. I'm not absolutely positive because I've never done it but I think there is a way to install a font on a web site.

SiteExpress

Thanks for the reply. I had found this page a couple of days ago. Seems like a nice idea, except security warnings would surely chase away about 90% of the visitors. Besides, I would not like the idea of something being installed on my computer, and I doubt they would either.

It's ok, I used TNR italics, and he seems to be content for the moment.

SIFR - Non Web friendly Text

There is an alternative way. I have the software but have not yet been able to find the time to master it.

Have a look at a site for an American non profit group called www.travelingguys.com. Each subject title is written using a font that I do not have installed on my laptop but it shows up with out a security warning. The text can be highlighted and copied like normal text.

The coding is done using ‘SIFR’, I think it transfers the info into a flash file even though individual letters can be selected. If viewed by a browser without flash player installed the text is simply shown as a specified default web friendly font.

I would love to hear if anyone else has taken the time to use this method.

Cheers
Chris