help with Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizo

I have been building a website and would like to publish it,

does anyone have a suggestion for a host? this site is more for me to learn with so I would like it to be not to expensive.

what do I need to consider with hosting?
is it better to have an australian host?

crazydomains.com.au seem cheap but are they any good?

Last edited:

DHDdirect

Of course I will suggest my own services :)

I'm based in South Australia. Please have a look through my site DHDdirect.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

XeHSean

What sort of budget do you have? Any specific requirements? This sort of information will help us to point you in the right direction

Gizo

as this is just a site for me to learn with I want it to be cheap, but reliable,

what should I be looking for in a host?

tim

XeHSean

as this is just a site for me to learn with I want it to be cheap, but reliable,

what should I be looking for in a host?

tim

The most important thing is choosing a host that is reliable. In other words, you want a provider that offers prompt support and constant uptime. What are you looking to spend on the hosting? Perhaps we can make a few recommendations to you

Gizo

as cheap as possible really, as I said this site is only for me to learn with, I have ideas for another site but I need to learn lots before I can atttempt that and then I will get a better host

DHDdirect

Gizo.. you can setup a testing server right on your own computer using software such as XAMPP (which utilizes apache, php, and mysql). Then when your website is ready you can purchase hosting.

eProHosted

Cheap is not always better... You want to choose a host that is willing to assist you with things like publishing your website or any other troubles/questions you may have.

stach14

As cheap as possible doesn't really explain much. What kind of server specs are you needing/expecting (CPU, RAM, Disk space, bandwidth, etc)? Are you looking for a little shared hosting account or a VPS server? What are you wanting to learn? If you go with a managed hosting provider there is not much server stuff to learn. You worry about the site and traffic and your host will manage the server. Support on the cheap "budget" host is usually a nightmare to get help. Just keep in mind you get what you pay for. Even if it is for testing you need to decide what level of goodies and support you need to do your testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.