Help With Godaddy Domain Setup

SusantheMartian

i bought my domain through godaddy.com without the hosting because my website is being hosted elsewhere. i wasnt sure how to set it up to work properly. i have my domain forwarded and masking the original url. its obvious that isnt how its suppose to be done because when you use the domain, it does take you to my sites homepage but if you click any links, the domain at the top doesnt change. also my favicon doesnt work if i use my domain but it does if you use the original url. i figured id have to set it up with the DNS Control and MX Records but im not sure exactly how. if someone else is more familiar with godaddy i was wondering if someone could help with this.

Original Url --> www.koportal.com/mac
Domain --> www.makingaprilcommunity.com

jnjc

Your hosting must allow you to have multiply domains. If it does then add the GoDaddy domain to your hosting account.

Once you have do this you will need the Primary and Secondary DNS address of you Hosting server. Change the DNS addresses on you GoDaddy account to those of you hosting.

HTH,
JC

advertising

normally with godaddy all I Have to do is point the primary and secondary DNS address towards my hosts servers. AFter that everything else is done on your hosting companies side. Sometimes things can be a little glitchy or even take 24 hours to work properly when changing and aiming your domain at a dns address.