Help Needed!

garak0410

Hello...

Our church has a terrible website and no one has really had the time to improve it. Several the ministries created special pages using Photoshop templates and they are mostly ready to deploy. However, the webteam I've assembled doesn't really have experience using Photoshop and it seems to be a bear to update easily.

And our senior pastor wants a site that doesn't look "churchy." He wants a modern look maybe with a family motiff. So, we are between basic and easy to update to looks good but harder to update on the fly. Does anyone have any suggestions on templates to use? We are willing to pay for a good, "cool looking", easy to update template. We are leaning toward NOT using Photoshop but if that is the best way to make great looking sites, we will just have to learn.

We have Frontpage and Dreamweaver 8 at our disposal. Most of us are good with XHTML and CSS but dry in the area of creativity on the fly.

Thanks for your help!
Brian

Rapid Web Design

I would reccomend using dreamweaver, it will need to be set up so it uses templates and can easily updated by editing the editable areas only which means the template will never change. you can change the template from the master file and when you do the changes are reflected to all the pages that use the template. Read the help file to see how its all done and works..

also the site can be created in a server side application with a database which stores all the page content and the admin can log in anywhere and make changes. this i much more advances and needs hosting with php and mysql support! This type of site requires much programming and will take some weeks to develope and test!

Artoonie

I made a quick sketch of a layout idea that doesn't look to "churchy" and has a somewhat family-oriented look. Not sure if this is what you were looking for, but if you did need an idea, here it is:
churchlayout7ny.jpg