HELP...Google hates me!

phpwebdesigner

low and behold, my websites not being indexed on google.

had it up and running for roughly 5 monthes, made a sitemap and submited that two months ago. The peculiar thing is that when i try:

site:www.availablehouse.com

my very very old page links are shown,google isnt updating its index, even though googlebot regularly visits my site.

do i need a robots.txt file?

heres my meta tags:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"/>
<meta name="description" content="The webs one stop property shop, an advertising portal for property of all descriptions world wide"/>
<meta name="keywords" content="Holiday cottages,student accommodation, sell my house, buy a house,available house"/>
<meta name="robots" content="all" />
<meta name="revisit-after" content="5 days" />

also should i remove all of my alt tags?

is it possible that google has banned me?

ISDProductions

google is just slow.....it took over 6 months for them to correct their index of my site when i re-designed. as for weather or not you have been banned, who's to say, but i guess not, cause my google toolbar says your page rank is 2 (if you had been banned it would not show a page rank). If you want google to speed up, you have to get more backlinks. Preferably from sites with similar content, and high page ranks. its hard to get google to continually re-index your site (even with a google sitemap) and although you tell google to re-visit in 5 days, it won't unless your page rank is higher. also DON"T REMOVE YOUR ALT TAGS!!!! although it has been questioned how much alt tags mean to google many other search engines still depend on alt tags to properly index your site. Just be sure that they are not to long, and contain keyowrds no more than once (more than once or twice, or having extremely long alt tags may just get you banned cause the google bot will think your spamming it) My suggestion is to try and re3ad up on SEO as much as you can, one site I like is www.seochat.com but there are tons of sites around, also, don't worry so much about google, they will make you nuts! Try and find other ways of promoting your site.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Your website pages appear in the google index, so I dont think your site is banned as such. If it was banned none of your site pages would appear in the google index.
Google these days requires a lot of patience, things just dont move as fast as they once did. Gone are the days when pagerank was updated close to every month like clockwork, nowadays it is not uncommon for it not to be updated for many months at a time.
I wouldnt worry about it too much, there is always yahoo and msn which can also deliver traffic.

phpwebdesigner said:
low and behold, my websites not being indexed on google.

had it up and running for roughly 5 monthes, made a sitemap and submited that two months ago. The peculiar thing is that when i try:

site:www.availablehouse.com

my very very old page links are shown,google isnt updating its index, even though googlebot regularly visits my site.

do i need a robots.txt file?

heres my meta tags:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"/>
<meta name="description" content="The webs one stop property shop, an advertising portal for property of all descriptions world wide"/>
<meta name="keywords" content="Holiday cottages,student accommodation, sell my house, buy a house,available house"/>
<meta name="robots" content="all" />
<meta name="revisit-after" content="5 days" />

also should i remove all of my alt tags?

is it possible that google has banned me?

If I can make a suggestion, I don't see a description meta tag or an author meta tag. In addition, if you intend to revamp the website, try to keep the first level of pages the same title as the old ones. Don't have more than 20-30 links on any one page as Google will see it as a link farm, which it hates.