HEEEEELP!!! (please..?..)

Britwizard

i have a forum for my customers to use for help and so on, but i cant change the logo... i have tried replacing the phpbb logo gif file on the server, but it wont let me delete, replace or change it. the ensim manager always returns a failed result.

ive read help bits on forums that explain how to do it, but i just cannot do it.

Another thing is updating it. the manager in phpbb tells me there are updates available but i cant do that either...

Do you think it is my hosting provider stopping me to administer the BB ??

thanks in advance,

D

StephanieCordray

Are you trying to do this using the ensim control panel?

Hands down the best way to replace files and update scripts is through an ftp program or barring that, using the ... iirc... power tools in ensim if it's allowed, which I'm not sure it is. It's been a couple of years since we've used ensim control panels on our servers.

However, if the manager is telling you there are updates available it could be a permissions problem. The write permissions might be set in such a way nobody can rewrite them, including the administrator. Any time you are updating or making changes you can chmod all the necessary files to 777, then change them back to a more secure permission once you're done.

Hope this helps.

Britwizard

Nice one....

Thanks for that..

I had been using ftp using a browser and the ensim manager... niether worked.

ive only just installed it, so ill remove, update it then install it i think... see if that works.

Thanks again.

D