Have domain name. now what?

themaindjd

Hi

Am building a basic website for a fitness company who already have their own domain name. Does this make a differnece in which host i use, as they all want to offer me free domain names which i don't need?

Have been looking at Easyspace.com does anybody know if this is wise?

Many thanks

Arkette

When selecting a hosting company for a business website then you should be looking for a business hosting provider. If you opt for shared hosting then you need to know that server is not running dozens of other sites or any resource intesive sites like gaming sites for example. You should also be sure that the hosts servers are located in a well respected datacentre with guaranteed up times over 97% and an SLA.

DLPerry

themaindjd said:
Hi

Am building a basic website for a fitness company who already have their own domain name. Does this make a differnece in which host i use, as they all want to offer me free domain names which i don't need?

IMHO - It does not really make a difference as far as who you should select as the hosting services provider. It can be easier from an administrative standpoint if the domain and hosting are with the same company, but already having a domain registered elsewhere would not be primary criteria to base a hosting vendor selection on.

Regarding the free domains - could you use such an offer to secure some of the alternate .tlds for the company (.net, .org)? Just a thought.

--dlp

Arkette

A co-located server in UK datacentre costs between £1000 and £2000 p.a.
How many websites need to run on server at £30 p.a. to make a profit?
I also forgot to mention that a business hosting provider should offer 24/7/365 telephone support not just web or email support.

The post to which this mainly refers has been removed.

Last edited:
There are many hosting companies due to which it has become a bit difficult to choose the right host but by doing some research we can find an affordable web hosting company. Search in google, dnsstuff or domaintools for more information on the companies you find. Refer to few web hosting directories and web hosting review sites, compare the prices and plans of various host and accordingly make a choice. And lastly, post a topic in a forum, and see what others think.