Graphic Design to Vinyl Sign

Ericweber

Hi guys/gals,
I am looking to start doing some vinyl sign work and was wondering if there are many people doing this.

So what equipment does everyone recommend? I have heard a lot of good things about Roland but I would like to get everyone's opinion.

Also, what software is recommended to transfer graphic designs to the cutter?

Any replies would be appreciated. Thanks

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am not familiar with the actual vinyl printing/cutting hardware, but as far as graphic files needed:

Printing on vinyl
I have used both Photoshop and Illustrator files in the past. I tend to steer towards vector based artwork, but high resolution images will work also.

Cutting vinyl
Example: window decals. Vinyl cutters require a path to follow. I have always used Illustrator for paths even though Photoshop does have support for them as well. I use the EPS file format, but I believe you can also export as an AutoCad Drawing (.dwg)

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you do get your own vinyl business started, I might have a few window decals I would like printed :D

ladesign

there is the gerber plotter that cutts the vinyl and there is software can be used like corel draw illstrator, flexi pro and signlab I use to work in a sin shop long time

jonpeter001

Formed in 2001, SpeedGraphics offers a range of printing and sign services, including vinyl graphics, lettering, magnetic signs, vehicle wraps, trade show displays, point of purchase products, posters, indoor and outdoor illuminated signs, dimensional signs and lettering and much much more. SpeedGraphics has serviced customers around the globe and is located in Asheville, N.C.

By dedicating ourselves to innovation and our customers, we strive daily to be your choice for graphics and sign solutions.