Google Webmaster tool.

sathya

My Colleague created google webmaster tool for my website, but he is not giving user name password to me. I think he miss-using my site with that account. I try to create onemore account for my site, but its not activating.

Please give me solution...Is this possible to miss-sue my website?

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
if memory serves me right, their are only two ways to activate/verify a website for the use of google's webmaster tools. neither of which is permanent.

1. placing a meta tag in the head section of the site
2. placing a html file in the root of your site

both of these are generated by google and are copy and paste jobs. by removing these from your site, it will no longer verify in google's webmaster tools. once you have done that, you will be able to create a new account and add your site to that.

i am not sure how much damage could be done with google's webmaster tools, if any. it's mostly just a set of tools to help you monitor your site and market it through google.

fairdoes

Some colleague! webmaster tools provides loads of information on how Google view your site. Such information is power, and no-one else should have access bar you.

Did the colleague also have an email address associated with your site? Google use the email to verify ownership of the Google account, so again, no-one should have access to your primary email address bar you. :)

outsourceteam

I think as long as your real name is displayed maybe your colleague will not mis-use it but if he/she change it I think he/she can do it...:eek:

Ar3d

Create you own account in Google webmaster tools. So, you will never have a problem anymore...