Google Trawl of Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
There is no way of knowing with any absolutely certainly what google may do. At best one can only speculate.

Thanks Ian, did you see the TV documentary on Google last week?
A client of mine has canceled his pay per click account based upon it!
I missed it, does anyone know if it is due to be repeated.

ISDProductions

i have a feeling its going to be soon to, maybe by the end of feb, lately its been seeming about every four months, and the last one was in october. I didn't see the special either. Why did your client cancel his google?

Allegedly (I did not watch the show personally) part of the show featured a dirty tactic used by small companies to make larger companies go out of business.

Basically click fraud but targeted upon competitors. Surely something can be implemented to detect this. Or does it raise the question that the internet should be a free to all and search engines delivering results based upon content and credibility rather than those that have the biggest wallets behind them.

ISDProductions

Google has announced a major update that will affect the ranking of web pages in Google's index. In contrast to the usual algorithm updates, this update will be much bigger because it changes the way Google works behind the scenes. Google has given the update the name "Bigdaddy". Some Google data centers that use the new Bigdaddy system are already online. For example, if you go to 66.249.93.104 you can test Google's new data center. The update is scheduled to be compleated by early march

Status
Not open for further replies.