Google PageRank Update

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization and Marketing' started by ian, Oct 6, 2004.

to remove all ads.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ian

ian Administrator Staff Member

Looks like Google may have finally done a PageRank update, then again it may be temporary. This site is still not indexed, but I have others that now are showing a PageRank.

2. ian

3. Imaruki

Imaruki New Member

My forum is still at 0/10....I wish google would hurry up and index my site too.

4. ian

could take three+ months if the last update was any indication of what the future holds.
    I remember the days when the updates would happen every month.
    But I guess google has valid reasons for doing things the way they are doing.

5. Imaruki

Imaruki New Member

I just used the Search Engine Submission thing that came with cPanelX...it said it was supposed to get my site up their faster, but I see nothing yet.

6. zkiller

zkiller Super Moderator Staff Member

most search engines are more likely to index sites manually submitted. :shrug:

7. Imaruki

Imaruki New Member

I've done that too

8. Excalibur

Excalibur New Member

Hi. How can I find my website's page rank assuming that Google has already added my URL to its database?

9. ian

Installing the google toolbar http://toolbar.google.com/ will allow you to see the pagerank of any site that you visit.

10. StephanieCordray

StephanieCordray New Member

I don't know if google has valid reasons for doing what they are doing... It almost seems to be that they have bitten off more than they can chew.

In the meantime, a couple of our sites have taken a huge upswing in link popularity on MSN and Yahoo, while those that were indexed by google haven't done anything new. Since yahoo and msn combined command a larger percentage of the searches than google, if not separately, I'll have to be satisfied with that for the time being.

11. zkiller

zkiller Super Moderator Staff Member

i can see msn growing in popularity for searches as it is set as the default home page on most computers.

12. StephanieCordray

StephanieCordray New Member

It's possible, :)

13. Vivvy

Vivvy New Member

i'm really thrilled.. one of my larger sites bumped up to a PR5 and its biggest competition moved down one to a PR6 ... muhahahhahahahahaha!

other than that, i only had things go up.. nothing came down...

Vivvy

14. [tab]

[tab] Opera/Firefox on Debian Staff Member

Post of the year...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.