Google does not register my site

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechEngSk

I'm fairly green when when it comes to website building. I know some basics but that is it. I have built a website for my brother in law to help him promote his business (www.autoelecdesign.com.au) It is a word press based site. The content is very basic at this stage but will eventually include more info.

I have registered it with google for the crawler to go through it several times but I cannot get it to come up in search engine. Each time I have made some minor changes hoping it will fix it but to no luck. Considering you have to wait at least a month for the google crawler to go through it I don't have the time to experiment. Hence I'm here seeking help as to what have I done wrong with it that the google does not list it.

Could you guys have a look at it and let me know what is wrong with it?:cool:

Thanks

I'm not an expert at this by any means, but I have a WordPress site also and will recommend a couple of things you could do:
  1. Change your WordPress permalinks to use something other than the default format with "/?p=page" after the domain, and make them meaningful relative to page content.
  2. Submit a sitemap to Google using these new links, with Webmaster Tools. Here is a reference for Webmaster tools.
Finally, you may not know if it is showing in search results unless you check all pages. It may show up near the bottom of the pile. On this forum you can find some good tips to improve your ranking.

Status
Not open for further replies.