Google backlinks

John84

Ive noticed that google is far more strict than other search engines when it comes to link popularity. What is google's criteria when counting backlinks?

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Hard to say what the exact criteria is, even though it does not display all backlinks, I believe it does take them into consideration. Generally the higher the pagerank of the incoming link, the better, and also the fewer number of other links on that other page is also better for the value of that incoming link.

dismaldonkey

Relevance too is a factor. Google (and other SE's) like to see the link between the links (no pun intended). For example, if you have a site about domain names, then it makes sense for another site about hosting to link to you, but if you have a website about Peruvian toothpaste recipes linking to you, Google automatically assumes the link is only there in an attempt to boost ranking. You wont specificaly get penalised for such a link, but it will carry less weight.

isulong seoph

yes, I noticed the same thing also that google is too picky on picking up BLs but i think they're just not showing on their results?