getting visitors but no buyers

Larrycleve

Hi, this is my website www.stanschipdip.com . I did a redesign 2 days ago. I changed hosts 9/7/08 and it shows I've gotten over 500 visitors since then averaging 53 per day. I'm advertising on google, yahoo, and exactseek. I checked google with the keyword chip dip and found my ad on the side as well as in the middle of the first page. The problem is I haven't gotten a single order or a call for a free sample for the month of September. I'm obviously doing something wrong and would appreciate your help in figuring out what it is.

suz

Hi Larry, this is a tough one. I'm trying to think of why I would buy dip online rather then at the supermarket while I'm shopping. The only reason I can think of is that the online one would have to offer something unique and different like being home made, or healthier, or some benefit that I couldn't get at the supermarket.
Also it's not clear what countries you ship to.

seoexpert

Larry,

There are a few reasons why you are not converting "visitors" to "customers".

First off, the website is not very professional looking, some people can get turned off by the flashing and the bright colors, and ultimately not trust the product that you are offering. Another problem is your website is not very user friendly, you don't have a lot of time to get a person's attention, and the website is too busy, and people may click right off.

Finally, you are spending money on advertising, which has proven that only 20% of people click advertisements on search engines, rather 80% of people click "organic links" which are the regular links you see in the search engines. In other words, you are wasting a lot of money that could just be put towards paying a seo company to get your company listed on the search engines.

If you have any more questions about your web design or your seo you can message me or email me.

Larrycleve

Thank you for the honest comments:) Now the next step is how to fix this. How about a picture of what the product looks like? What about the directions on how to make it? What about adding a forum? I used coffee cup visual designer to make this. I would appreciate help on fixing this.

seoexpert

Larry,

I could help you, you really can't do the design yourself. You need a professional web designer and a professional seo optimizer.

You do not need a forum on the website you just need the right direction, good content, and someone like me to get everything going.

If you want more information about the website design and the optimization that needs to be done for your website you can email me or pm me.

sheanhoxie

Hey Larry, I agree the site isnt very professional looking at all. The store, sadly, is even worse.

Without having to hire someone to redesign your site, I would suggest taking some photos of your packaging and creating detailed descriptions about each item. Clicking on your dip selection I was presented with a bunch of pictures of towns and fields, which doesnt at all apply to chip dip. The special offer has a picture of some pandas???

Your shows and events page doesnt have any links, you have to click the browser back button which is annoying

You should definitely look into hiring someone to design the site and cart for you. It will save you a lot of time and effort and get your website off to a good start especially if your spending money already on advertising. If I were you, I would pause my adwords account now.

gopal123

solution for u

Hi, this is my website www.stanschipdip.com . I did a redesign 2 days ago. I changed hosts 9/7/08 and it shows I've gotten over 500 visitors since then averaging 53 per day. I'm advertising on google, yahoo, and exactseek. I checked google with the keyword chip dip and found my ad on the side as well as in the middle of the first page. The problem is I haven't gotten a single order or a call for a free sample for the month of September. I'm obviously doing something wrong and would appreciate your help in figuring out what it is.

here is the perfect solution for your query.

There are two types of seo

on page and
off page

on page seo - you concern with keywords, discription , titles whereas

off page seo - you will do link building , artilcle submission , blogging , social bookmarking, press releases and lot more.............

you can contact me or skype : indianjoomla
or email [email protected]

orVisit My Website

you have to do just the above for ur site.