Getting rid of index page (indexhibit)

Sticklebricks

Hello all,

I'm having trouble with a site I created with indexhibit. Basically when I type in my url instead of going to my homepage I am taken to an 'index of' page. How do I get the site to go directly to the hompage instead of the 'index of' page.

'index of' features the following list. Selecting indexhibitv070e/ takes me to my hompage.

* cgi-bin/
* images/
* indexhibitv070e/
* postinfo.html

Many Thanks

d a v e

put your index page in the site root - if you're not sure where that is then check with your hosting/indexhibit ?

SixFigureDesign

Hello all,

I'm having trouble with a site I created with indexhibit. Basically when I type in my url instead of going to my homepage I am taken to an 'index of' page. How do I get the site to go directly to the hompage instead of the 'index of' page.

'index of' features the following list. Selecting indexhibitv070e/ takes me to my hompage.

* cgi-bin/
* images/
* indexhibitv070e/
* postinfo.html

Many Thanks

You need either a file named index.htm or default.htm in your root folder.

Mythic Tech

Yeah it depends on your host sometimes but whereever the page that is loading is located you need to replace it with your index file. Generally it is in the root directory or some cases an HTDOCS folder, but in your case it should be the folder you posted the contents of