General design question-

webstudent123

Alright, so we are debating creating a rotator/slider that will go into our header that will be shown on every page- I have never seen this done before and would like to hear your thoughts as to why or why not we should do it-

The site in question is: http://www.shawntrautman.com/ - You will notice that the current slider is on the homepage (only) we would be shrinking it and putting it where the '#1 Rated bit' is on the top- Which is in our 'shell', meaning it would be on all pages include the cart etc..

Thanks for any feedback ;)

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
What is your reason for adding the rotator to all pages? I personally think they can look a bit spamming (like a Google ads or something similar). If there will be important information that the user/visitor will benefit from, then I say it's worth the time, otherwise it could be more of a hinderance than a help.

webstudent123

we did it..

with over 1000 pages it is the only way to get all the messages to any visitor.. We will see how it effects sales.

Thanks for the feedback pixelpusher

CaldwellYSR

with over 1000 pages it is the only way to get all the messages to any visitor.. We will see how it effects sales.

Thanks for the feedback pixelpusher

Putting your slider on all 1000 pages is way too much... It would drive any user crazy to have to scroll past it at every page they visit.

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
How big are we talking. I did an "every page" slider here (on the right. There'll be more pages once the client finally gets around to adding them), and it doesn't seem to be a problem, mostly because it's small and out of the way.