Garbled Images

kiko_friendly

That website seriously doesn't want to load...But if you are using a free image host, then they may well make the filesize smaller, which would result in the images being bad quality...I don't use free image hosting, and never have...

redox

Not quite sure what you mean, but some of your imageslook like they have been made a lot bigger than they should be, that's why they look like that

TickleMeCthulhu

No, there's still a problem.

You've set your images to open a bit larger than they actually are. Anyone going to your site can test this by opening your images in a new window and comparing that result with what is shown when you click on your thumbnails.

For example, your image MM8.JPG is opening, according to your code, at a width of 480 pixels, but the actual image is only 450 pixels wide.

You need to adjust the parameters in your PHP Slideshow so that your images open no larger than they actually are.

Kurt

TickleMeCthulhu

Oh yes, and your site host is REALLLLY slow. It's not making your images any smaller, your php code is making them bigger when they're displayed(which doesn't affect your actual image's size at all).

If you're a professional artist, it pays to shell out a few bucks for a more reliable host. It will pay for itself if you get even one commission out of your web presence.

I pay $60/year at sandwich.net, and they've been great.

Kurt

Theodor

Seems good speed to me..

I see artifacts on images when on the page, they look good in a separate window.

I see, their sizes do not match. So that must be just a resizing artifacts problem. I would make the images of a fixed size (i mean their 'real' size) or do not apply 'width' to them. Additionally, you could just center them in your table and setting the table a bit larger, than all of the images - they seem to be all on white background and similiar in size.

Last edited: