GAH! Hours of Photoshopping and coding! Rate?

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
ok, i have a couple of things...

1. the background took pretty long to come up for me. i know it's a tough task, but i would work on decreasing the file sizes a bit on the images a bit.

2. i dislike the placement of the google ads in the center of the page. looks out place to me.

3. i don't like how the background just ends at the bottum and their is no real transition to the plain black background. but then again, i am at a higher res than most. however if i recall correctly, so are you. so just maybe you know what i mean. a simple fade might help smoothen it out a bit.

other than that i have no complaints. looks pretty good. you get better each time around. :)

kiko_friendly

ok, i have a couple of things...

1. the background took pretty long to come up for me. i know it's a tough task, but i would work on decreasing the file sizes a bit on the images a bit.

2. i dislike the placement of the google ads in the center of the page. looks out place to me.

3. i don't like how the background just ends at the bottum and their is no real transition to the plain black background. but then again, i am at a higher res than most. however if i recall correctly, so are you. so just maybe you know what i mean. a simple fade might help smoothen it out a bit.

other than that i have no complaints. looks pretty good. you get better each time around. :)

I redid the CSS and changed the Google ad. Don't know if you wrote this before or after that. If before, then sorted. If after, I'll change it.

I agree about the image size and the lack of fading to black. :p

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
the google ads disappear behind the div containing your background now. meaning they aren't visible, nor accessible once your big background image loads.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
like boyle said, I dont like how you have to scroll right to see the google ads.
The image and navigation on the left look good, but all of that text to the right of the main image, in red and aqua and white, i think are a bad choice of colors.

kiko_friendly

Haha yeah, I was in a weird mood. xD

It will be changing soon. I will be offering paid hosting, so people will want to be able to see what's going on easily. :)

I'll make it more friendly for all ages and types. :)

Limeisafruit

Firstly I must say that I love your design. It's very original and personal.

However I have some comments on the layout. When I first entered I thought... ok, this is a blog. And then I realized that it was a hosting provider. You get what I mean. You GOT to inform your visitors on an early stage about what you're doing, what the website is about.

Ok, then I clicked on the FAQ link (I absolutely love your links) and I couldn't see the questions for the line under them. Well, I could see them but they were very had to read because the lines with text floated into each other. Maybe you should increase the line-height(can be done in CSS) and you wont have to remove the line.

Maybe you should put some of the benefits of your service on the front page.

I don't think your website is bad, it's brilliant. But if you intend to get lots of people applying for signup you need to inform them of what the website is about.

Best of luck to you! You should know I really admire your photoshopping and coding skills.

kiko_friendly

Hmm. The irony is that I changed ALL of those things because of all of the reasons that you gave, but before I read your post.

The layout is plain and simple now, but much easier to use (aside from the broken links).

I don't even know why I had the underline like that.