FTP Errors??

Kazoo

Hi all!

Any Dreamweaver gurus out there??

Just uploaded my site files from dreamweaver to server all files went over ok except my background image. My FTP log is showing an error on a jpeg Background image.. tried again and it has come back with the same error.

Does anyone one know how to fix FTP errors on files?

Thanks
Kazoo

jcollings89

Is there a file size limit on the server?

if you cant find out what the problem is try using a seperate FTP client such as filezilla,flashFXP or cute ftp.

Kazoo

Hi Guys, this is the error:

..\..\Pictures\home page image 3.jpg - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put home page image 3.jpg. Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.

I have heard filezilla mentioned before I am currently uploading it to server straight from dreamweaver FTP Client.

As you say I too think it is a server issue but the site i am currently working on isnt a massive site, the server should be able to handle it i would have thought?? The image is showing on some pages but not others.

Can anyone clarify what is meant by this error? I have highlighted in bold above.

Many thanks guys!
Kazoo:confused:

ianrarity

That is very odd... I use dreamweaver alot and use it for most of my FTP usage... Go into your FTP settings and make sure you have ticked "use passive FTP"... That could be the problem.... Failing that... call your hosting company and get them to see if there is a problem!

Kazoo

That is very odd... I use dreamweaver alot and use it for most of my FTP usage... Go into your FTP settings and make sure you have ticked "use passive FTP"... That could be the problem.... Failing that... call your hosting company and get them to see if there is a problem!
Yes thanks Ian,

I always by personal default use 'passive ftp' anyway so that is not the issue.

Just pure speculation now....but i am going to try changing the path from ../../ to publc_html/ and see if that fixes it.

It seems that from the fault I originally posted the ../../ error indicates that I may be trying to jump upwards 2 levels from the root folder in server directory...so as I say, I am going to modify the path route and see what happens!

Many thanks

Kazoo

Yes or httpdocs/ Let us know how you get on....

Hi Ian,

Just to update on the FTP Error...

After trawling the code of my entire site, the problem was caused by a single missing colon in my CSS Style Sheet. ( ; )

That one little thing caused absolute mayhem!!
:confused:

Regards
Kaz

pollcolingwood

Hi Kazoo,

I am not the best person to assist you. One of my friend have a lot of knowledge about the Dream weaver. I think I should approach him to assist you in helping in your query.

Give me 3 days time and probably I will be back with some good suggestion,.

Cheers.

littlephoenix

use firefox ftp instead of dreamweaver ftp, plus its much faster and the DW ftp has bugs for what i know, and its slow...fox ftp is called FireFTP its solid

Eric

Check the file name. If there are spaces in the file name, replace them with underscores. I've been disallowed putting files on my server for this reason.