Free webhosting Domain 1 Year

zach

You can find most web hosting companies tossing a 1 year free domain.

I wrote an article that's in my signature that will help give you an idea of some good possible choices for a web host.

Marcus Cyganiak

Sometimes your Internet provider will offer a free server with limited space.

For example, when I was first getting my feet wet with web development some 8 years ago, I would use the free server at Telus.net here in Western Canada. However, you cannot use your own custom domain as I had to use the prefix, "www3.telus.net/...." That was good enough for me though, seeing as I was only someone trying to learn the ins and outs of web developing. So it was just a domain for practicing the trade, but I wouldn't use it for business.

treemonkey

I don't think any company would give you both free web hosting and a free domain name. Certainly not without them covering it in their advertising.

Domain names are pretty cheap nowadays, surely you can scrape a few notes together to get one.

hostsdepot

I would say never use a free domain name. You work for the domains and made it valuable but it belongs to others.

XeHSean

Try out some new hosters they come with lot more new and attractive packages.

I disagree with this - new hosting providers tend to mimic existing hosting packages, rarely do they offer new features or value-added options that established hosting providers do not.

I'd recommend that you stick with established and reputable providers that can offer you reliable service