free web host options for online class

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjohn

I've used www.webs.com before as a free host, and frankly I haven't been impressed.

Now I know you get what you pay for, but can anyone suggest a better free option?

This will be as a recommendation for teachers that are teaching the web design class I'm helping rewrite. I have my own domain-- when I teach the class, students just transfer their websites to our school server, and I ftp them to my domain. Most of the teachers teaching this course don't have that option.

So I'm looking for the easiest way to have students to upload their websites for fellow students to see, and for teachers to grade.

Thanks in advance!

bigjohn

thanks

I'll give them a look.

I have my own space but this course is being rolled out to teachers across the state. Most of the school systems IT folks lock their domains down tight and won't give access to teachers. I'm suggesting teachers work with their IT people, but want to give them suggestions for free hosts.

Thanks again....I'll see what these guys look like.

VPSblast

Other customer's reviews of the hosting services. Same as any business, the hosting vendor should be able to provide good references.

gingir

Have you used them personally?

I did. I was so happy about it until I opened my website for the first time.

So many adverts opened all at once that I completely lost control of my browser and operating system.

I had to restart my computer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.