Free downloads

Winterchase

Dumb question: if you download a trial version of a program, say one on screensavers, and install it on your site, then the time period runs out. What happens? Can you still add pictures on the site through the program, or will the program even be there?

eg - I need a program to use once in an application.

StephanieCordray

The program will still be there but will cease to function... typically... there are isolated instances where it will continue to function in a very limited fashion but I wouldn't count on that happening.

Vaelor

The software will still be there - I've never heard of software that has an auto-deleting "self destruct" mechanism after the trial runs out.

Depending on what the software is and what method it uses, the most likely situations would be that it will remain active, but you won't be able to make any changes anymore and the last thing you did will be how it stays until you register or remove it, or, it will simply deactivate and display some kind of "Evaluation period expired. Please purchase." message when you try to use it.

SiteExpress

I think the moral of the story is...

Don't install it on the web, unless you like it enough to get the full version. In time, it will be useless to you, unless you upgrade it.

Winterchase

Thank you

It was a thought. A bad one but still a thought.

Now to find one that is 1. EASY! to figure out and get on the site and 2. will show one picture at a time without thumbnails at the top or sides (as does the one with Front Page), and that I can regulate how often the pic changes. Fades and/or wipes would be nice but I can live without those if I have to.

The price would be relative but I'd rather not pay an arm and leg if I don't have to.

Any recommendations?