Forum messages

Arkette

This is really for a forum admin. Every time I respond to a thread on this site, I get an email saying there has been a post to that thread, the post being my own post. I find this behaviour very odd and I know that it can be suppressed, at least because it doesn't happen on other vbForum sites that I'm subscribed to. Could someone take a look at this.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Go to your User CP --> Edit Options --> Messaging and Notification --> Default Thread Subscription Mode --> choose either Do Not Subscribe or No Email Confirmation.
That should put an end to receiving emails for any threads that you post in.

Arkette

ian said:
Go to your User CP --> Edit Options --> Messaging and Notification --> Default Thread Subscription Mode --> choose either Do Not Subscribe or No Email Confirmation.
That should put an end to receiving emails for any threads that you post in.
Sorry Ian maybe I didn't explain properly. I want to recieve email notifications when someone else replies to a thread that I have subscribed/posted to, but I would prefer not to recieve a notification when it was me that posted.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
not sure how to do that, looks as though the email notification doesnt identify who the latest reply was from. It would make sense not to notify you of your own replies. I never use the email notification feature myself.

Arkette

ian said:
not sure how to do that.
As I said in my original post this behaviour doesn't happen on other vBulletin sites that I'm subscribed to "VB.Net Forums" for example so presumably there is an admin setting for it somewhere. I hope this doesn't sound as if I'm being pushy, it's not that much of a problem really, I just thought you ought to be aware of it.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I took a quick look at the vbulletin forums and could not find any solution to that problem. Does it happen all the time?
Sometimes spammers threads are deleted, so when you visit the thread, it looks like you are the last one to post in that thread.