Forum Links

walkingbird

Forum links generally pass very little value from the forum to your web site. They are quantity not quality. So i was thinking today why don't we try and harvest some quality links out of a forum. You may ask how do we do this? we start a thread for everyone one intersted we all make one post in the thread. WE add a perma link to that thread in our signatures passing value to the thread and creating a higher quality link to our web sites. What do you guys think of this idea?

abwebdesign

Forum links generally pass very little value from the forum to your web site. They are quantity not quality. So i was thinking today why don't we try and harvest some quality links out of a forum. You may ask how do we do this? we start a thread for everyone one intersted we all make one post in the thread. WE add a perma link to that thread in our signatures passing value to the thread and creating a higher quality link to our web sites. What do you guys think of this idea?

In theory, that might work. The only flaw is that all of the links on here are "nofollow", and therefore they have virtually no effect on PageRank because Googlebot completely ignores them.

walkingbird

I am a member on many forums like bzimage which is also a great forum with do-follow signatures. Thats why i am trying it on a forum with do-follow.