Form for user content to be included in site

kvh

Hi,

I am designing a page for someone who wants to be able to update it themselves but has no web experience. I want to create a form that she can use to add information to the site, i.e. newsletter, bios, photos, etc. I would have the layout all set and any text or photos she inputs through the form would automatically come up in the site. I used to update a site like this several years ago so I know it can be done, but I can't find any information about it and I've been searching like crazy! I think when I did it before it was with a CGI script, but I could be mistaken. I thought this might need to be done with PHP. Can anyone help me?

Thanks so much!
-Karen

kvh

Thank you for the tip about content management systems. What I found through Google seemed to be more appropriate for larger scale, more complex sites. This site is going to be very simple, for a very small horse farm. There will probably only be about 5-6 pages. I'll keep digging through the CMS info but I would appreciate any further input. Thank you!

DLPerry

kvh said:
Hi,

I am designing a page for someone who wants to be able to update it themselves but has no web experience. I want to create a form that she can use to add information to the site, i.e. newsletter, bios, photos, etc. I would have the layout all set and any text or photos she inputs through the form would automatically come up in the site. I used to update a site like this several years ago so I know it can be done, but I can't find any information about it and I've been searching like crazy! I think when I did it before it was with a CGI script, but I could be mistaken. I thought this might need to be done with PHP. Can anyone help me?

Thanks so much!
-Karen

If you did it with cgi, it may have been with a version of MasterForm. The functionality of this software never ceases to amaze me.

There's a How-To article here --> website replicator

and a demo is online at the programmers site -->Site Replication Demonstration.

The demo form creates a 3-page web site — home page, article page, and contact page. (It's a working contact form.)

hth

JS_Custom_Webs

For everything but the images i am thinking a frontpage form would suite them well, server support FP? I well design the form for you/them

let me know,

anoosh

If you will have a large number of images and information then you may need a database backend. Try Mysql and with php as your front end.