Fontalicious

AprilMaybe

So far I've only done one other project dealing with typography which was for a contest a while back. I thought I would just have a little fun and see what I could come up with by using an art quote a few fonts and a ton of photoshop brushes. I couldn't find a textured background to use as they seem to be lost on my computer so I made my own sorta. And yes I can actually draw lol but since it's not technically my original work being that I used all the brushes I won't be posting this in my gallery. So here it is for your viewing pleasure (hopefully). It's rather huge so here is the link. Font Fun Poster

Geodun1

You've got some talent there April! I'll assume you're using photoshop? If so, what version?

I think it would look even better with some dark on light grunge brushing along the edges.

AprilMaybe

Thank you Geodun :) That would be photoshop cs3. Hmm might give the edges a bit more attention...I kept sticking little things here and there and didn't want to risk it being overly busy so I was like uh yeah I'll stop for now and give it another look tomorrow. lol I'll definitely take your suggestion into consideration...

Geodun1

Use like a light purple grunging along the edges (not too much) then go over it with a darker purple brushing, but do less than you did for the light. This should draw the focus to the center, where the text is :)